We can get into a routine where it feels like everyone we speak with is either having a bad day, or we are having a bad day ourselves. We feel like we constantly meet people who seem to be inconsiderate, stubborn, incorrigible, indecent, miserable, or passive-aggressive. Sometimes we can be equally awkward ourselves. While it might seem that the easiest remedy is to lock yourself up at home and avoid people, we eventually have to pick up the phone or step outside and interact with someone.
Success comes from understanding how we behave, as well as how we can influence others. If difficult interactions are necessary, and we approach those conversations with a plan, we will find that we have less difficult people to deal with. More often than not, we will also have more meaningful and significant conversations. In this course, you will learn how to turn difficult situations into opportunities for growth.
After you complete this course, you'll be able to:
- Recognize how your own attitudes and actions affect others.
- Find new and effective techniques for dealing with difficult people.
- Learn some techniques for managing and dealing with anger.
- Develop coping strategies for dealing with difficult people and difficult situations.
Course Content Details:
Conflict Resolution: Dealing with Difficult People
Session 1: Course Overview
- Learning Objectives
- Pre-Course Assessment
Session 2: Conflict as Communication
- Understanding Conflict
- Do We Have To Fight?
- What is A Conflict?
- How About Avoidance?
- Initiating the Move
Session 3: Benefits of Confrontation
- To Talk or Not to Talk
- Determining Your Involvement
- Reciprocal Relationships
- Pre-Assignment Review
- Improving Relationships
Session 4: Preventing Problems
- The Importance of Empathy
- Dangerous Misconceptions
- How You Prevent Problems
- Preventing Problems
Session 5: Getting Focused
- Getting to the Heart of the Matter
- What's Missing?
- Peeling to the Core
- The Three F's
- Frustrated Relationship
Session 6: Managing Anger
- Coping Strategies
- Expressing Anger
- Dealing with Other People's Anger
- Guidelines for Assertive Anger
- Start Positively
- Be Direct
- Specify the Degree of Anger
- Don't Accuse Others of Making You Angry
- Share Your Feelings of Threat and Fear
- Acknowledge Your Responsibility
- Avoid Self-Put Downs
- Self-Protective Techniques to Block Criticism
Session 7: Dealing with Problems
- Dealing with Problems
- Working With the Suggestions
- Explaining the Suggestions
- Causes of Difficult Behavior
- The Difficulty of Others
- Dealing with Others
Session 8: The Three-Step Conflict Resolution Model
- The Three-Step Model
- Presentation – What to Do
- Take Action
- Getting the Hang of Things
Session 9: Practice Makes Pretty Good
- Planning: Step 1 - Research
- Planning: Step 2 - Presentation
- Planning: Step 3 - Take Action
Session 10: Changing Yourself
- Negative vs. Positive Interactions
- Negative Interaction
- Positive Interaction
- Take the Wheel!
- Walking Away
- Your Organization
- Dealing with Negative Feelings
- Put Yourself in Charge of You
- Monitor Your Self-Talk
- Be in Control
- Work on Your Sense of Humor
- Have a Support Team
Session 11: Why Don't People Do What They Are Supposed To?
- The Big Question
- Answering the Question
Session 12: De-Stress Options to Use When Things Get Ugly
- Belly Breathing
- Acupressure and Massages
- General Coping Thoughts When Things Get Messy
Session 13: A Personal Action Plan
- Starting Point
- Where I Want to Go
- How I Will Get There
How to enroll:
Click on the "Enroll For This Course" button
Checkout and make payment (you’ll create an account or log in as part of the checkout process)
We instantly e-mail your user ID and password for you to log in and begin training as soon as you want
Pay or transfer course fee into any of our bank accounts and send an email (to email@example.com) stating the course you paid for, name used in paying, and the amount. We will register you and instantly email your user ID and password for you to start training.
Our Account details
Account Name: Paradigm Learning Services
Zenith Bank: Account No: 1013876190
GTBank: Account No: 0159084910
Diamond Bank: Account No: 0047876850